Sunday, August 2, 2009

MacBook Pro

I'm sitting here listening to this relaxing piece of work, just rereleased on vinyl:



This is my first post on my new MacBook Pro. I picked this up today after some short endeavors and a quick personality crisis.

As a trader, I like to think I know "value," or at least I convince myself that I do. The easiest, and probably most practical, way to measure value is by how much it costs. So when it came to getting a new computer I compared the Macs and PCs side by side and realized I could get a PC with the same specs for $600 cheaper. This was enough of a reason to make me, a 4 year Mac user, convert back and purchase a PC.

I was really excited by this money I would save. This excitement pinnacled when I received it on my doorstep, yet sharply subsided. As ridiculous as it sounds, the computer was so ugly-- hideous-- that I could not get into it. With both my old beat up Mac and my brand new professional looking Lenovo competing side by side, I would still use the Mac. It was after a couple of days I realized that I couldn't make the shift, the Mac simply was too beautiful, simple, stress relieving, and pleasant.

So then what is value, Mr Cash Generating Trader? Value is making yourself happy, and many times money simply does not complete the picture. Spend the extra cash, get the extra product. I feel relieved.

This album is really fucking good. Krautrock at its finest. The members of Kraftwerk going haywire. The 70s would have been pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment