Sunday, July 5, 2009

Glastonbury Day 2: Bon Iver

Another headline evening spent at the Park, and another spectacular performance and memorable show.

Bon Iver came out in sweats and a tshirt, sporting a beard and his scruffy hair. He wasn't there to impress anyone, he was there to tell his heartfelt story.

Justin Vernon has one of the most powerful voices in music right now, as evident on his debut album and following EP. I was excited to see this live because I had only heard people raving about his performances and I was not disappointed.





Vernon's voice was inspiring, breath-taking. Better live than on the album. I found this video that someone else took, hopefully it gives you a good idea of how perfect his performance really was:




And then the true highlight of the show, and of my long weekend at Glastonbury: "Skinny Love".

I can't watch or post a video of this, it was too beautiful and I fear it will taint my memory. All I can say is that I was in another world. Every time the song stopped and starting I lost my breath. I didn't want it to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment