Monday, March 30, 2009

Merrill Garbus

I stumbled across this musician Merrill Garbus last week who goes by tUnE-YaRdS, and I think she is absolutely incredible. Her music is very layered and complex. She has a tremendous ability to build the song up to climax at the end. Her voice is unique and powerful.

Keep in mind she is the only person in the band and the songs only have guitars, a drum machine (I think), and her voice. To my knowledge, she recorded the album on her own.

Imagine what she could to with great production, full electronics and synths to play with, and maybe some help from other like-minded musicians? Also, she was a musical theater major in college, so is bound to put on an excellent show.

I have a feeling we are going to be hearing a lot about Merrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment