Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's hard to find Good Music anymore

I've been facing a dilemma recently: I average about a 1:4 good album to bad album ratio recently. Unfortunately I've exhausted all of the greats and am forced to search harder, and so many albums that I hear about simply aren't that great. So what to do?

I bought a needle and preamp and set up my brother's old turntable. I started buying vinyls that I already have heard and constitute some of my favorite music. Some of my next round of posts are going to be the vinyls that I'm listening to, kind of as a filtered guide of my favorite albums of all time.

I bought In Rainbows and it made me appreciate it more (if that's possible), mostly because of the way the album is broken up into 2 on vinyl. You flip the record and it starts with Faust Arp, how excellent.

The 1/5 I bought the other day was the Pretender's comeback album, Learning to Crawl. Very 80s and catchy, I enjoy the female lead very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment