Sunday, January 11, 2009

Amoeba Music Recommends

I made a trip to my favorite record store Amoeba yesterday. Amoeba has the best selection and very knowledgeable staff. The only problem is that I don't really have a person I go to there for music recommendations, I just usually ask a random person filing disks.

I found a younger guy with some pretty badass 50's glasses for a recommend, and he threw me the Zombies Odyssey and Oracle, and album I had heard about and meant to get but never got to it. He described them as pop, but not soft, ie Belle and Sebastian, with balls. I really like Belle and Sebastian, but sometimes they're just too sappy, so I was sold.

A pretty cool description. I'm not sure if I agree with that completely, but I definitely agree with the reference. They remind me of the Beatles and the Beach Boys, and thats mostly since it was the same era.

It's a great album, I recommend it if you have not heard it. Here is a track that I think I have heard in a movie or commercial, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment